Friday, March 28, 2008

Google Documents

I taught my students about Google documents this week, sharing my story about the computer not working and having my power point presentation inaccessible then and how Google documents helped me. I also created a few more power point presentations on Google documents and had a lot of fun doing it. I have a presentation for my grad class on Tuesday all ready on Google documents.

Anyway, on Thursday, seemingly out of the blue, one of my students said that she really appreciated all the information about wikis and blogs and google documents. She said it was really helpful and she thought it would really help her in college next year. Other students then chimed in and agreed that they really thought it would help them in college as well. It is pretty amazing to actually have students thank you because they see the value of the lesson--and not only for today, but how it will affect them in the future. Pretty awesome!

Happy Spring Break everyone!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Seeing the problems students have trying to work on a project both at home and at school, I'm wondering if we shouldn't have learning about Google Docs in place as part of our curriculum so that all students know about this tool. Think I'll blog about it. Linda

MaximRhone@Gmail.com said...

Linda is totally right! there should be a new class available at schools or something like a Modern communications class. i would take that class! i have a feeling that im a generation behind having schools being heavily connected to the World Wide Web involved.