Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Thing 20. Podcasts, Downloadable Audio Books and More

I was really glad to have Leslie share information on podcasting. It reminded me that I once was really interested in this and had since then, I had completely forgotten where to start. I am excited to play around with this again and find downloadable audio books as well. I browsed through itunes tonight and browsed the audio books that are available. I have never actually listened to any book on tape. As an English teacher, I suppose this is no suprise; I love language, the words that create images, the physical artifact that is the book. As I look through the list of books that can be downloaded, I start imagining how much more productive I could be, how much more information I could get into my brain if I downloaded information to listen to on my ipod versus listening to the same music over and over as I run, which is usually the only consistent time I listen to my ipod; I have literally not changed the music on my itunes for two years. That is embarrassing to admit.

No comments: