Sunday, November 18, 2007

Thing 8. Dribbling Lessons for Information Literacy

I reviewed the dribbling lessons and although there is a lot of great information there, I cannot think of how I would integrate these particular lessons into my curriculum without really stretching to hammer it in where it doesn't belong. I did email some other English teachers about the information where I thought the lessons would fit more naturally. I thought that I might have missed something the first time I reviewed the lessons, so I looked again and again. There are a few pictures that would be fun to show students though. I'll keep looking through the information to see if I can use anything. I still feel like I must have missed something.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hi Lindsay . . . I just thought I'd ask/clarify since it's not clear to me what you looked at when you referred to pictures. Did you look at the links at the top of the page (http://www.metrolibraries.net/pro/dribbling.html) under Question, Gather, Conclude, Communicate, and Evaluate? It sounds like you and another person focused on the subject-specific lessons at the bottom of the page which are really just suggestions for the types of lessons to look for that incorporate information literacy. If you have a chance, let me know at kareneidem@gmail.com. Or I'll just talk with you at the December meeting. Thanks!