Monday, September 17, 2007

Thing 2: Blog

Creating and maintaining a blog seems to be pretty simple--once I can get over my initial hesitation on using one in the first place. My personal connotation of blog makes me think "open and available"--rants left unedited, personal thoughts exposed--where my writing is usually kept private and personal. Since this is an assigment, it gives me a rational to create a blog, which probably brings me into the 21st Century.

Now, I begin to imagine all of the ways blogs could be used--beyond the personal journaling definition that is now archaic. It would be fun to create a blog for each class, each committee I am a part of, so that people could be constantly sharing, collaborating, networking--and from the convenience of their own time and place too. I wonder though how often these kinds of blogs would be used. How many people my age or older feel the way I do/did about blogging. It might be useful for certain classes, but I cannot imagine that committee work will start blogging any time soon.

No comments: