Friday, September 21, 2007

Online learning

I created a blog for each subject I teach. I have been having a lot of fun creating each one to have its own personality--just like the class. I have posted the major assignments for each class. For my AP Literature and Composition class, I have added some useful websites for them to explore as well.

I have already had two blogs used, which already makes me think it is a worthwhile thing to have created. It is really interesting to me to see how much more of my personality I can show through words and images in the blogs that I might not feel comfortable doing in class--or don't have time to do in class. I can include my own favorite poems and phrases and show more examples of the work I am asking them to do. This really will be another resource for students and I am really proud of using more technology. I think it also makes me a more dynamic teacher, which is rewarding in itself.

I hope that I will be able to maintain these blogs now. We'll see what happens!

No comments: