Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Blog thoughts

My CIS Modern Fiction students are starting to use the blog more. It is exciting to see them logging on and asking questions. I love that I have a place to post information for them as well, especially about things associated with the U and college applications that they might need, but don't need daily.

My AP Lit and Comp students don't use the blog very much. I still post information on it though and I will continue to monitor their usage of the blog.

My ninth graders are in the middle of the road. I wonder if a website would be more useful for all my students, but I do like the idea that they can have an ongoing conversation. I think I will have this information for parents at conferences so they know they can also use these blogs as a resource.

Other thoughts on technology--I love being able to present information on Power Point! Love it, love it, LOVE IT!

Teacher usage of the wikis...the jury is still out...


P.S. I found this info about Iraqis blogging, which I thought was interesting: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/talking_point/7069943.stm

2 comments:

lyoder said...

We will be offering classes on Moodle, the online course delivery system this month- it has some great features for class discussions that you might like- let me know if you are interested.

Leslie

Anonymous said...

Lindsay--I love how much you share on your blog and how much you discover. The avatar is terrrific, too.