Thursday, October 25, 2007

Think 6 and 7: Get to Know RPC/teacher page

I just assigned a seven to ten page research paper to my AP Literature and Composition class on Wednesday. This made me think that I should review the RPC so that I can share this information with my students. I plugged in the appropriate data into the RPC and it quickly gave me the project broken down into five parts. I really like this feature as well as the questions the RPC asks in order to keep students going through the process. It occurred to me when I was grading the CIS Modern Fiction journals for The Dubliners that sometimes students don't even know they don't know something so how can they ask the questions to answer these unknown problems. Then I thought, how can I answer questions that I don't anticipate? It is easy for me to answer questions after the project is finished, but then it is almost too late for students to get the greatest benefit from the answer. Anyway, this made me think that the RPC questions are very valuable. I am going to introduce this resource to my students tomorrow--and of course, I have already created a link to it from the AP Lit and Comp blog.

I really like the links on the teacher resource page. The checklist is really nice as well as the rubric programs that are linked. It is nice to have resources so teachers don't have to reinvent any wheels. All of this technology and researching these new things are just more reminders that I am bringing authentic lessons to students, which I think is really great.

1 comment:

lyoder said...

I'm glad that you find the RPC of value for your students.

Leslie