Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Wonders of Wikis

Finally, we have actually "launched" the 9th grade academy wiki and the ninth grade advisors were really excited! I presented the information with my projector and laptop and walked them through how to use the wiki. Two people have already gotten on the wiki and edited pages. One advisor that has already edited pages was actually absent from the meeting, but since I posted the minutes from the last two meetings on the wiki she knew what to do--and she was excited to know where to go as well (I passed out a hard copy of the agenda into advisors mailboxes to let them know about the wiki.) I hope this is a valuable resource for all the teachers. Since we have 23 people in our academy, I think the wiki will be great to keep us all connected.

P.S. The wiki was received so well that one person brought me flowers the day after our wiki launch. It makes all this hard work really worth it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We plan to do a meeting on wikis--hope you will share your experience!