Monday, October 1, 2007

Thing 32--Take Two: Wikis

As I suspected, I have could not stop at creating just one wiki and have now created a second one. I keep seeing ways that technology would be helpful all around me. I also think I am postponing my grading by playing with technology--so this one will be the last wiki I create for a while.

This second wiki is for my English department. I keep thinking that if I can introduce new technology to even one other teacher, I could reach so many more students--it could have an exponential effect. I created a page for each teacher and for each course we offer in the department, which currently is 30. This way people can collaborate easier for the subjects they teach. The wiki can be used as a kind of server--as well as a great resource for new teachers teaching a course. I don't know if the other people in my department will use it, but I did talk to two people who seem interested in at least trying it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoa--you are waaaay ahead ! That's great. I hope you can share your wikis with all of us.