Friday, October 19, 2007

A New Thing

This really isn't about one of the "things" we need to do, but having the new computer has really inspired me to try out new technologies. Two of my colleagues and I are planning to take a group of students to England and Ireland this summer but we want it to be very literary and offer an independent study for it. We are in the advertising stage so we thought we should make a movie to play on the morning news--so I made one. I am super excited about it--my first ever imovie! I also made all kinds of cool flyers with "pages," which was also very easy to work with. I am used to working with Microsoft Publisher to make flyers and brochures so it was fun to work with apple's version of this. I made some fun flyers through comic life as well. There are so many fun templates to work with!

Additionally, for this independent study travel class this summer, I hope to implement the use of blogs as we travel as one of the class components. It will be a great way for parents to keep up with the travels as well as a great place for students to reflect on their experience. We'll see how it all pans out.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Lindsay, This is just awesome! Maybe you can show us your imovie at a meeting?

It's a great idea to have them blog about their trip . . . The journal I kept of a trip to England will maybe be read once . . . but an online journal would be easier to browse in the future. Fabulous!