Thursday, October 25, 2007

Thing 16: MnLINK

I just reviewed MnLINK and what a resource it is! I am going to tell all my students about it and have already created a link to it on all my class blogs. I think this will be a great resource for them if they have a library card, which reminds me that I need to make sure they all have a library card! The fact that you can do an advanced search, request the search to limit it based on the format of information one is looking for--DVD, book, VHS, etc--but search all the library databases at the same time, and then you can request this information through interlibrary loan, is really amazing. I just assigned a research paper in my AP Literature and Composition class so I will make sure that I tell them about this resource ASAP. I am also going to post the information on the English department wiki so all the English teachers know about this resource.

No comments: